I am a previous blogger, one who has written about personal finance. To be honest, there is really only so much that one can blog about, monetarily speaking. You track your spending, you come up with a budgt, you track your spending behavior in terms of being the "in the black" or "in the red" and then label it a success or a failure. You then head back to the drawing board to tweak the budget or come up with ways to increase your income. You have larger goals for your life, and plan accordingly, setting "x"% aside for retirement, monthly contributions for education, etc.
I have recently concluded that I am lacking a life plan. I know that there ways that I would like the life I am living to look like, words that I would like to use to charactize by limited existence here on Earth.; however, I've done little to take steps to actually work towards how I would like things to be. Honestly, things could be much better. My household is disorganized and I am lacking the energy to do anything about it. I am parenting "in the moment" rather than with the ultimate type of parent I want to be in mind. I am desiring peace and the interpersonal relationships in the family have become chaotic, fraught with frustration and anxiety. This is the time and the space that I will come up with a plan and implement ways to move towards a simple and peaceful and meaningful existence.
I would like a family that is faithful, hopeful, and charitable. I'd like to delve deeper into the fruits of the spirit and come up with ways with my family can embody those. This is where I and we begin.
I have an old tattered, coverless dictionary that lives with the green-colored New American Bible at the computer table (I suppose those are our two reference items). The dictionary's pages are frayed and the side spine says The Handy Standard Dictionary and Atlas. I like the definitions because they are brief and concise.
Here is what is says for family: (noun) (1) A group of persons, consisting of parents and their children; a household; house; line; clan; tribe or race. Here is what is says for faithful: (adjective) (1) trustworthy, accurate, truthful, firm in faith.
Here is to becoming a family, faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment